Our boats may be out of the water and some of our nippy November mornings forewarn of the winter ahead. But at SYC winter does not get us down.
Our winter Friday night meals have become a tradition at SYC as our ” L’Ordre de Bon Temps”, helping people get through the winter doldrums. The meals are put on Friday nights from January to the end of March by club members, family and friends. Following is some information that may help to entice potential chefs when the winter season is upon us:
- You don’t have to be a boat owner.
- You can have an advance to cover the cost of purchasing food so you don’t have to put out your own money.
- The menu can be of your choice – it does not have to be “fancy food” or labour intensive meals. “Down-home cooking” is much appreciated at SYC.
- There will be help with cleaning up.
- You have a first class kitchen to work in if you wish to create your meal at the club.
- You don’t have to do it alone. Most people put on meals as a group. Just let Pat know if you are looking for partners.
- This counts as a volunteer activity for the club as this is an important part of the winter social scene at SYC.
And of course, we will be offering BBR (Beer Bottle Racing). While the main objective is to have fun, this is also a good chance to practice sailing tactics, strategies and to learn the rules of the road when you are on the water.
So consider signing up to host a meal by leaving your name and potential date with Pat at 469-8590. Stay tuned for more information on our complete winter social program.