The latest copy of the Bi-Laws have been released for your review, and ideally you would take the time to review them annually. The changes from 2017 are summarized by maximum vessel size, and “vessel size” is found in 2 sections only;
- The Vice Commodore will assign moorings in accordance with the weight, windage, draft and length of the vessel. Due to structural limitations, maximum vessel dimensions for the mooring field are 38 ft (58 m) LOA, 14 ft (4.27 m) beam and 20,000 lbs/9071.84 kg).
Due to available storage space and lift capacity, the upper limit on yacht dimensions for storage shall be 38 ft LOA (58 m) in length, 14 ft (4.27 m) beam and 20,000 lbs (9071.84 kg)
SYC By-Laws-updated February 5 2018
Revised: April, 26 2017 | Members Handbook 26 Apr 17
Use the links in this article to view the SYC Constitution and By-Laws approved as of December, 2016.
|Click on the PDF image to the right to view the most recent version of the Constitution dated December 2016.
|Click on the PDF image to the right to view the most recent version of the Bi-Laws proposed November 2015 and approved December 2016.
It is once again time to fill out your application.
The form is in digital form and can be found on the club’s website. The Waiver is also included on the form and all you’ll need to do to sign it is to put the check in the box and pick the date you are filling the form.
1. MOORING FIELD OR MARINA BERTH: If you wish to moor your boat the same way you did last year (summer storage, mooring field, or marina berth) fill out the form as such. If you haven’t already told Pat you want to make a change from the mooring field or summer storage to a dock, call her right away and she will put you on the waiting list for a dock, and fill out the form as if you were getting a mooring like last year. If you are assigned a dock, you will then be required to pay the difference. Please note that marinas are assigned every year as per club constitution and just because you had one last year does not guarantee that you are getting one this year.
2. PAYMENT PLAN: If you wish to use the payment plan you must bring your application form to Pat at the office no later than 26 March. As in previous years you will need a check for $82.00 (covers the bar levy, gift fund and Sail Nova Scotia fee) and a void check.
4. INSURANCE POLICIES: Please ensure that your insurance policy is up to date and that you have provided a copy of the proof of insurance to the office. Failure to maintain adequate insurance may result in cancellation of membership and removal of your boat from club property. You may have your insurance company e-mail or fax your proof of insurance directly to the office.
5. PAYMENT DUE DATE: Payments can be made at any time after you have sent your application. Payments can be made by cheque, Credit Card or Debit at the club office. All payments are due on 1 April. Interest may be charged on overdue account. Furthermore, you may lose your marina berth if your account is not paid in full.
Vice Commodore SYC
Pick up your free daytime berthing pass at Halifax Marina Waterfront Office on Sackville Wharf (near the Wave sculpture), visit www.my-waterfront.ca/marina, scroll down and register your boat using the number on the pass, peel the decal from the packaging and apply it to a window on your boat.
For more information on Waterfront Development Marina Services: