Shearwater Yacht Club (SYC) is located at the entrance to the Halifax Harbour, offering a sheltered marina and mooring area for club members and visiting boats.
The facilities include a two-story clubhouse, a marina and mooring field. The principle of self-help has become a cornerstone of the Club’s successful operations, keeping the operational costs low and fostering a community spirit. Services offered to members include:
- Launching ramp, mast crane and crane pads to facilitate launching boats.
- Free parking
- 24 hour access to laundry facilities and an accessible bathroom and shower in the lower level of the club .
- Access to a computer and Wi-Fi to Clubhouse and marinas.
- Club rentals at a reduced price that include a well appointed hall, meeting rooms, audiovisual supports and a fully functional kitchen, BBQs and decks.
- Rental of the club boats.
- A full racing program for skippers and those interested in crewing.
- A cruising program that offers group cruising opportunities tailored to member interests.
- Sail training for all ages.
- Social activities that include a full social program year around